In Toastmasters, you learn to lead. You do it by giving feedback to speakers, serving as a club officer, or mentoring other members. With the leadership skills you gain, you empower others to accomplish their personal goals.
Leaders run businesses and inspire employees. They coach teams and guide people in need. They step into leadership roles, like planning Toastmasters speech contests or leading club meetings. The world needs such people. As populations grow and cultures become more diverse, strong, competent leaders are more vital than ever.
Your responsibilities are your opportunities.
Serving as a club officer combines taking responsibility with seizing an opportunity.
Your term of office will be filled with chances to:
- Obtain fresh perspectives.
- Build teamwork skills.
- Help your club and members develop goals for improvement.
- Serve as a mentor to individual and club success.
- Instill members and clubs with enthusiasm, fidelity, and a sense of responsibility for themselves and others.
- Learn to develop your capacity to translate values and strategies into productive actions.
- The Toastmasters tools and resources will help you create strategies for success, answer burning questions and fulfill your duties – whether you’re an experienced leader or a novice club officer.
The Toastmasters tools and resources will help you create strategies for success, answer burning questions and fulfill your duties – whether you’re an experienced leader or a novice club officer.