We will invite you to become a member by filling in a Membership Application. Toastmasters meetings have no seasons/terms/cycles, every meeting follows the same format and you follow your own pace.
The costs involved are:
- The one-time registration fees at HAU are €25 upon which you become a Toastmaster worldwide.
- The semi-annual fees are €50 (payable every April and October) which gives you access to Toastmasters International website facilities, such as the main Educational and Leadership tool, Pathways, the monthly Toastmasters Magazine, Mentorship Programme, various resources (library, video, workshops, brading etc) and all the latest updates of the Toastmasters International family. When you first join you only pay your share (i.e. 1/6th, 2/6ths etc.) of the current six-month cycle fees to the next April or October.
- Transferring or being reinstated from another club? Ask the appropriate officer how to process your application successfully as a “transfer” or “reinstated” member to avoid any first-time member fees. However, the local club dues do still apply.
Club members don’t have to be affiliated with the Hellenic American Union (HAU); most of us aren’t.
As a member you will:
Join a team of great speakers
- Learn how to give constructive feedback (evaluation)
- Practice your English
- Learn how to be “quick on your feet”
- Have fun
- Lose the fear of public speaking
- Gain confidence and self-assurance when you speak
- Meet people with same objectives like yours
- Be supported, encouraged, mentored
Compare that to public speaking classes or courses costing €300 and up!