The costs involved are:
- The one-time registration fee is €25 which covers the cost of the New Member Kit.
- The semi-annual fees are €50 (payable every April and October) which covers the cost of the monthly Toastmasters Magazine. When you first join you only pay your share (i.e. 1/6th, 2/6ths etc.) of the current six-month cycle fees to the next April or October.
- Transferring or being reinstated from another club? Ask the appropriate officer how to process your application successfully as a “transfer” or “reinstated” member to avoid any first-time member fees. However, the local club dues do still apply.
Club members don’t have to be affiliated with the Hellenic American Union (HAU); most of us aren’t.
As a member you will:
- Join a team of great speakers
- Learn how to give constructive feedback (evaluation)
- Practice your English
- Learn how to be “quick on your feet”
- Have fun
- Lose the fear of public speaking
Compare that to public speaking classes or courses costing €300 and up!